TERMS, CONDITIONS AND RENTAL AGREEMENT
Car Rental Iceland (Car-rental ehf.) – Id: 560315-0740 – VAT: 119777 – Njarðarbraut 1e – 260 Reykjanesbær – Tel: + (354) 777-5600.
AGE REQUIREMENT AND DRIVERS LICENSE:
The driver must present a full driver’s license which he has held for at least 12 months, at the start of the rental. Renter must be 20 years of age and 23 to rent a Jeep.
CREDIT CARD IMPRINT:
All rentals are subject to the full lease agreement terms and conditions at the time of rental. The car rental will taka a credit card imprint at the start of all rentals for security reasons – but we will not block any amount on your credit card. This credit card imprint may be used to pay all extra charges including parking fines, damages or any cost due to the rented car as a result of the renters use of the car.
The minimum rental period is two days – 24 hours for rentals picked up and returned to the same location. It´s regarded a full day when the drop off is one hour or more after the pickup time.
PICK-UP & DROP-OFF location:
If returned to non-Car Rental Iceland area you can contact us 24/7 at Mobile + (354) 777-5600.CAR TYPES:
We reserve the right to substitute vehicles when the reserved car models are not available.
On pick up, and drop off the rental car fuel tank shall be full. For the missing liters, we will charge the Renter´s credit card.
Local value added tax (VAT) is 24%
In Iceland, it is mandatory for young children to travel in safety seats while in a vehicle. Child seats are available if pre-ordered. These child seats are suitable for children aged from 6 months up to 4 years or more of age.
CANCELLATION AND RESERVATION POLICY:
To guarantee your reservation, we require a valid credit card. We charge your credit card at booking.
Cancellations 20 days or more before booked pickup time you pay 10%.
If canceled is 15-8 days before confirmed pick up time it´s 40%.
If canceled is seven days before or a no-show we charge 80% of the rental.
Third party liability is equivalent to the amount stipulated by Icelandic law at each time. The law also applies to the amount of personal driver blame. Included in your rental are Third-party coverage and personal accident insurance.
COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER (CDW):
CDW insurance is included the price, the driver liability more than ISK 200,000,- for 2wd and 350,000,- for 4wd. If the renter has already purchased CDW insurance, he can buy SCDW insurance and by doing so lower the self-risk of CDW down to ISK. 35.000,- on 2wd and Isk. 95.000,- for 4wd (For now the SCDW is inclusive in the rental).
The renter is always responsible for the following damages, which are not covered by CDW or SCDW insurance:
negligence, driving while intoxicated, damage to tires, headlights, windscreen and the underside of the car, damage caused by loose rocks which get thrown at the car on gravel roads, damages to the engine of the car caused by water getting into the motor. (Please see full details listed on the backside of rental agreement).
This protection includes damage to windscreen, headlights and the car when gravel or rocks get thrown on the vehicle by another car. (For now, the GP (Gravel Protection) is inclusive in the rental)
TP covers theft of the rental vehicle. (For now, the TP is inclusive in the lease)
Break down service 24 hours call + (354) 777-5600. Map of Iceland and Reykjavik are free at rental location
Obligations of the Renter:
1. The Renter accepts the provisions of this lease contract and has received a copy of it.
2. The driver shall be at least 20 years of age (23 when renting a jeep) and shall have held a driving license for at least one year before leasing a vehicle. The Renter shall abide by Icelandic law and regulations when driving.
3. The Renter shall return the vehicle as stated below:
a) With all attachments, including tires, tools, documents, maps and other items that were in or on the vehicle upon rental, in the same condition as upon reception, except for normal wear and tear from use. The renter agrees that if something is missing his credit card will be charged the cost of individual items that disappeared.
b) At the predetermined time as stated on the front page of the rental agreement or sooner if the car rental demands it.
c) At the automobile rental location unless otherwise agreed. If at the end of the leasing period the vehicle is not left at car rental´s venue of rent, car rental is authorized to charge the Renter for pick-up of the vehicle according to its price list.
d) With a full tank of fuel. If not the car rental agency is authorized to charge the renter for the difference in fuel.
4. The Renter shall pay for the fuel and other costs for driving the vehicle for the period the vehicle is of her or his responsibility. According to the interpretation of this agreement, it´s never a shorter time than the period the car rental has to register the vehicle in its system as returned.
5. If the Renter does not return the vehicle at the correct time according to this lease agreement or negotiates extended Rental with the car rental office, the automotive rental or the police are authorized to take possession of the vehicle without further notice at the Renter´s expense. Extended rental is subject to the consent of the car rental. If the Renter returns the car one hour or more after the expiry of the lease period, the automobile rental is authorized to collect as much as a one-day rent according to this agreement. For every day that begins after that, the car rental charges as per the company´s price list.
6. The Renter has objective liability in respect of the vehicle towards the automobile rental. For example, if the vehicle is damaged or stolen or if the insurance company won’t compensate.
7. The Renter has objective liability in respect of the car rental for damage derived from the use of the vehicle. The automobile rental´s company will compensate, including damage to passengers or other persons.
8. The Renter is liable for harm derived from the use of the vehicle. The vehicle´s insurance company will not cover, e.g. damage to the vehicle or passengers as a cause of the following factors:
a) Off-road driving
b) Driving in rivers or any watercourses
c) Intentional actions or major negligence
d) Driver´s usage of intoxicants
e) Usage of the vehicle that is in breach of Icelandic law or the provisions of this rental agreement.
9. The Renter is unauthorized:
a) Off-road driving, for example, in paths and tracks, on beaches, in areas only accessible during low tide, or in other trackless areas.
b) Driving on F-roads, as well as driving the Kjölur or Kaldidalur roads, except vehicles in the category 4WD (four-wheel drive vehicles) that the car rental agrees as appropriate for being driven on